The awards, which recognise excellence in healthcare, will take place at the 44th World Hospital Congress in Barcelona, Spain from 8 to 11 November.
The World Hospital Congress of the International Hospital Federation is a global forum that brings together IHF members, leaders and decision makers at hospitals, health services and healthcare organisations.
Topics on the agenda include key drivers of national and international policy, management, financial trends and solutions as well as best practice when it comes to leadership, management and service delivery.
Who should enter the awards?
The Federation is encouraging healthcare organisations looking for the opportunity to be recognised for outstanding projects and programmes to get involved. Companies can enter for the awards in the following categories:
- Dr Kwang Tae Kim Grand Hospital Award
- Austco Excellence Award for Quality and Patient Safety
- American College of Healthcare Executives Excellence Award for Leadership and Management
- Ashikaga – Nikken Excellence Award for Green Hospitals
- Sultanate of Oman Excellence Award for Health Services During Crisis
- Excellence Award for Corporate Social Responsibility
All entries must be for services, programmes or projects completed between 1 January 2018 and 30 April 2021 with proof that there has been quantifiable results or outcomes during this timeframe. Projects that were completed before 1 January 2018 can be submitted if there is evidence that the programme has been successful during this same period.
There will be a hybrid approach to the Congress this year, with attendees able to join virtually. This is a slight change to last year when the conference was held completely online and featured 90 speakers spread across 32 sessions.