Alannia Resorts is offering a free assistance insurance policy that includes Covid-19 coverage for all reservations for international long stay clients visiting the Guardamar and Crevillente resorts in Spain between 1 November 2020 and 31 March 2021.
The coverage includes:
- medical, pharmaceutical and hospital expenses up to €6,000
- advance of fees for hospitalisation abroad up to €6,000
- €50 per day up to 10 days max if an extension of stay is needed due to medical incidents, and €50 per day up to 10 days max for the lodging expenses of a travel companion
- Unlimited cover for medical transfer or repatriation
- Unlimited cover for travel expenses of the travelling companion should an insured need medical assistance, and unlimited return expenses of up to three travelling companions
- Unlimited cover for the transfer of repatriation of mortal remains
Alannia Resorts is also including travel interruption cover.
Comprehensive cover to encourage European travellers
Guardamar and Crevillente are both in Spain, which is not currently on the UK green travel list. However, the high levels of medical assistance cover offered by Alannia Resorts – including unlimited cover for medical transfer or repatriation – will no doubt be a good lure for unsure British travellers keen to get a holiday in in the next few months, especially as the deadline for Brexit approaches, and the European Health Insurance Card is no longer valid for British travellers needing emergency medical assistance.
Being out in the open air, and the social distancing that camping offers, has been suggested to reduce the risk of spreading Covid-19. However, guests will have to get to Spain first either by air or by road. Perhaps this will prove more popular among guests from nearby countries.