“Covid-19 changed not only the way we travel, but how we define risk,” said Brett Estep, Chief Operating Officer of Insured Nomads. “Adding Peanut to our travel protection portfolio helps individual and business customers travel as they wish with clear information – and that’s vital in today’s fast-changing world.”
Peanut works with travel booking sites such as Booking.com, Expedia and Google, offering key data about destinations to travellers, such as:
- Health risk intelligence, including Covid-19 travel requirements
- Weather guidance, including historical weather trends and ideal months to visit
- Entry requirements, including visa rules and point-of-entry details
- Hotel history, including the age of hotels and their past renovations
- Flight delay risk – Predicts delays and cancellations before a ticket is purchased
- Insurance requirements for entry into some countries.
“Having access to the right information and travel products, such as insurance, is vital to exploring the world or working remotely today,” said Peanut CEO Brady Simpson. “That's why we created the tool during Covid-19.”
Andrew Jernigan, CEO of Insured Nomads spoke to Alysia Cameron Davies in ITIJ’s May issue, where he discussed the needs of digital nomads from an international health insurance cover perspective.