HMA 2022 marks the first physical HMA conference since the 2019 edition in Vietnam.
This year’s event revolves around the theme of ‘Digitisation in the right perspective’, and will include explorations of themes around topics such as how innovations such as telehealth, data analytics, artificial intelligence, internet of things and big data are being used by healthcare providers.
“The digitalisation journey is not a straightforward one. There is always the danger of digitalising for the sake of doing so, and other challenges arise during and after going digital. How should hospitals go digital in the right way – leveraging on digital technology to successfully provide better care, enhance experience, and improve efficiency?” the event’s organisers asked in a statement.
The event, organised in close partnership with the Ministry of Public Health Thailand, features opening remarks from Dr Satit Pitutecha, Deputy Minister of Public Health, as well as a keynote speech by Dr Anant Kanoksilp, Director of Information Communication Technology at the ministry on the second day.
Panel sessions on three main topics
Attendees can also look forward to concurrent panel discussions throughout the event, across three main tracks: Quality & Safety, Patient Experience and Talent Management. Each track will feature panel discussions dedicated to the role of digitalisation in that area.
Up to eight sessions are planned under the Quality & Safety track, with digitalisation trends such as robotic process automation (RPA) and digital quality management tools being some of the focus areas. Other topics will include process redesign, value-based care, clinical decision support, medication errors and quality accreditation.
Speakers from the hospital HR sector have also been invited to share how the pandemic has changed the sector’s practices – from staff engagement, welfare and the need to build an agile workforce.
In addition, numerous featured sessions have been planned, covering a wide range of topics such as:
- Learnings from COVID-19
- Role of speciality hospitals in managing non-communicable diseases
- Securing devices against cyberattacks
- Raising private equity capital
- Startups in the healthtech space.
The end of the two-day conference will culminate in a gala and awards ceremony, where HMA awards across seven categories will be given out.
The event will feature a number of guest speakers
Attendees will hear from an esteemed panel of speakers, including:
- Dr Kamal Amzan, CEO, Gleneagles Hospital Medini Johor (Malaysia)
- Dr Timothy Low, CEO, Farrer Park Hospital (Singapore)
- Dr Tan Hui Ling, Managing Director, Bagan Specialist Centre (Malaysia)
- Mr Yong Yih Ming, CEO, Mount Elizabeth Hospital (Singapore)
- Dr Visit Vamvanij, Hospital Director, Siriraj Hospital (Thailand)
- Dr Surangkana Techapaitoon, Deputy CEO, Samitivej & BNH Group of Hospitals (Thailand)
- Dr Chatchai Yachantha, Chief Patient Experience Officer, Bumrungrad International Hospital (Thailand)
- Mr Giang Kiến Quốc, Chief Information Officer, Vinmec Healthcare System (Vietnam)
- Dr. Eugenio Jose F. Ramos, President and CEO of The Medical City (Philippines)
- Prof. Anupam Sibal, Group Medical Director, Apollo Hospitals Group / President, Global Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (India).