Booked guests and travel agents are being notified directly of the cancellations and their options for future cruise credit and onboard credit package, or a full refund, the company said.
In summary, the cancellations include:
- All embarkations from US homeports through 31 March 2021
- Carnival Freedom from Galveston through 10 April 2021
- Carnival Miracle from San Diego and San Francisco through 16 September 2021
- Carnival Liberty from Port Canaveral from 17 September to 18 October 2021
- Carnival Sunshine from Charleston from 11 October to 13 November 2021
- Carnival Spirit’s 15-day cruise from Singapore to Brisbane on 12 June 2021
The later dates are included due to ‘itineraries and dry dock work’.
Plans for a phased approach to cruises in 2021
Christine Duffy, President of Carnival Cruise Line, said: “We are sorry to disappoint our guests, as we can see from our booking activity that there is clearly a pent-up demand for cruising on Carnival. We appreciate their patience and support as we continue to work on our plans to resume operations in 2021 with a gradual, phased-in approach.”