Digital nomadism – the concept of those travelling freely while working remotely – has had a surge over recent years, with countries now offering visas specifically for digital nomads.
The VisaGuide Digital Nomad Index has reviewed countries worldwide based on the factors that are crucial to the lives of digital nomads and ranked them.
The seven essential categories noted in the index are:
- Internet speed – the connection that empowers remote work, virtual meetings, and staying in touch with clients and colleagues worldwide
- Taxation – plays a crucial role in the financial wellbeing of digital nomads. Lower tax rates are attractive for those seeking to maximize their income
- Tax-free Policy – a more extended tax-free policy period can significantly raise the benefits of their income
- Income amount – minimum monthly income requirements are important for people seeking a digital nomad visa
- Cost of living – affordable living expenses mean that digital nomads can enjoy a high quality of life while managing more effectively and stressing less about their finances
- Tourism popularity – countries with high tourism appeal to digital nomads seeking adventure, cultural experiences, and a strong sense of community
- Healthcare – access to quality healthcare is a crucial consideration for digital nomads.
After rating countries on these categories, the Digital Nomad Index then ranked the top five digital nomad visas in the world as: Spain, Argentina, Romania, UAE, and Croatia.