The suite, called Transamerica Employee Resources, consists of three separate services: an Employee Assistance Program (EAP); Emergency Travel Assistance; and Identity Theft Services.
“Work-life balance is especially challenging when life outside the workplace is more complicated than usual,” said Phil Eckman, President of Transamerica Workplace Solutions. “Employers know that employees can find it difficult to navigate through hardships while trying to focus on work. Transamerica’s group term life insurance now includes confidential and easily accessible programs with no cost to the employee that help employees feel supported and stay productive. Transamerica Employee Resources is just one more way Transamerica shows our commitment to helping our customers live their best lives.”
Employee Assistance Program
The EAP comes in two variants. The basic version, EAP Core, offers confidential, private evaluations, grief counselling, referrals, and follow-up services, provided by ComPsych. Services include:
- Three in-person or video grief counselling sessions
- Customised digital communications and resources
- 24/7 clinical support via text, chat, phone, and email
- Online content and research for childcare, elder care, housing, education, and more
- Unlimited telephone access to staff attorneys and financial experts
- Free online basic will preparation
- Online health risk assessment
- Resources available online or via mobile app.
The second variant, EAP Plus, offers enhanced services such as additional counselling sessions and human resources services – including five in-person or video counselling sessions, rather than the basic three. EAP Plus also offers human resources services, such as formal referrals and supervisory consultations.
Both EAP Core and EAP Plus offer employers with optional critical incident debriefing and monthly training hours and webinars.
Emergency Travel Assistance
Transamerica’s Emergency Travel Assistance program provides ‘immediate’ support and assistance in cases of emergency when travelling more than 100 miles (161 kilometers) from home, for less than 90 consecutive days, either for business or leisure, domestically or internationally.
Services provided under the program include:
- Emergency medical evacuation and repatriation to nearest suitable facility
- Immediate help with emergency travel arrangements
- Prescription replacement assistance if lost or forgotten
- Medical consultation, evaluation, and monitoring
- Medical, legal, and interpreter referrals
- Early return home of in the event of an immediate family member’s death
- Return of a member’s mortal remains
- Foreign hospital admission assistance.
Identity Theft Services
The Identity Theft Services helps protect employees’ personal financial information and help restore financial well-being if compromised. Services provided include:
- Secure credit card and document storage in case of loss or theft
- Internet fraud monitoring and owner notification if a card shows dark web activity
- 24/7 access to a certified Fair Credit Reporting Act caseworker to help restore identity
- Lost or stolen credit and debit card assistance
- A Fraud Support Service Kit with agency contact information to help speed restoration.
Papaya Global announced a new premium healthcare benefits plan earlier this month.