Insurancewith offers the cover as part of its Staycation Plus policy, to provide customers booking a holiday on UK waters further peace of mind that they are protected. The company explains that the Staycation Plus policy and integrated cruise cover now includes:
- Cover for anyone named on the policy who is diagnosed with Covid-19 within 14 days before their trip begins and is legally required to isolate, and as a result misses their holiday;
- Reimbursement should travellers be confined to their cabin on medical advice, for example, due to a sickness outbreak;
- Reimbursement should travellers miss their pre-paid shore excursion as a result of being confined to their cabin on medical advice;
- Reimbursement should the scheduled port of call be cancelled due to adverse weather conditions or timetable restrictions; and
- Cover for necessary emergency medical repatriation and costs should holidaymakers need taking home after being released from hospital.
Cover for cruise-related expenses
“Many people have been put off booking a holiday abroad, particularly for those who because of underlying health conditions have had to shield for over a year,” said Sarah Page, Brand Manager for Insurancewith. “However, we know just how important it is to have a holiday in order to relax, de-stress and spend quality time with loved-ones. ‘Seacations’ offer the chance to do all of those things, with the extra comfort of knowing that should anything happen, you’re just a stop away from home.
“So, if you are planning a UK-cruise in the near future, we strongly advise that you look out for a policy or extension that has the relevant cruise cover, as it is not typically offered as standard.”