While Switched On’s standard travel insurance policies already offer protection for specific Covid-19 related issues under its medical expenses and cancellation sections, the Covid-19 Protect add-on goes one step further by covering:
- FCDO ‘Non Essential’ European Travel Advice: cover will continue to be valid if the policyholder decides to travel against FCDO advice, as long as the advice is against all but essential travel solely as a result of Covid-19.
- Enhanced cancellation protection in the event of:
- UK Test & Trace Notification – if the policyholder is required to self-isolate at the request of the UK’s Test & Trace service prior to departure.
- Vaccination – the policyholder suffers an adverse reaction in the two weeks before departure which means they are no longer fit to travel as advised by a medical practitioner.
- Vaccination – the policyholder is unable to complete their vaccination course due to an unforeseen illness before their departure date which prevents them from travelling.
Many looking forward to holidays
Mark Allsopp, Switched On’s Head of Travel, said: “With everyone having been through such a difficult time, the ability to get away from it all on holiday is something many will have been looking forward to.
“We’re delighted to be offering this new enhanced cover which extends the protection already offered by our standard policy in relation to Covid-19. We hope that through offering this new additional cover we can help provide travellers to Europe with the reassurance needed that should the worst happen, whether it’s related to Covid-19 or not, our travel insurance will be there to fully support them prior to, and during their holidays, ensuring real peace of mind.”
To add Covid-19 Protect cover to a single trip policy costs only £16, while for annual cover the add-on costs just £22.
Tesco Bank has recently teamed up with ROCK Insurance Group to offer a similar travel insurance, covering trip cancellation should the traveller be contacted by the NHS Track and Trace service and be unable to travel.