DiscoverEU programme open for applications
Successful applicants will be awarded with a travel pass for Europe
Part of the Erasmus+ programme, DiscoverEU gives 18-year-old residents of the European Union (EU) or third countries associated with Erasmus+ the opportunity to travel throughout Europe for a period of up to 30 days.
Travelling predominantly by rail, successful applicants will discover Europe’s landscapes and its variety of cities and towns.
There are two application rounds which take place each year, with the current one open now until 12 pm CEST on 29 March 2023.
To be eligible, applicants need to:
- Be born between 1 July 2004 (included) and 30 June 2005 (included)
- Complete the correct identity card, passport or legal residence card number on the online application form
- Be citizen or legal resident of one of the following countries:
- One of the Member States of the EU including Overseas Countries and Territories (OCTs) or
- One of the third countries associated to the Erasmus+ programme: Iceland, Liechtenstein, North Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, and Turkey.
If selected, travellers can travel for a period of minimum one day and up to 30 days between 15 June 2023 and 30 September 2024.
With Europeans feeling confident about travelling this year, the scheme could help young people fulfil their wanderlust.