Cover-More’s new Covid-19 benefits will also offer previously-unavailable protection for overseas travel to other countries as official ‘travel bubbles’ are agreed and announced by the Australian Government.
Cover-More Asia-Pacific CEO Judith Crompton said: “While no one has been able to travel internationally, pandemic lockdowns in Australia have also ruined domestic travel plans. Australians have missed their loved ones and special events like weddings, births, anniversaries and birthdays due to Covid-19.
“So, we developed our new benefits with the sole purpose of providing our customers with the confidence to be able to plan and travel safely, knowing they are protecting the memories they are yet to make.”
Cover for trip cancellation and new accommodation
Cover-More’s new benefits for Covid-19 include cover:
- If the traveller or a travel companion are placed into quarantine and they cannot start their trip
- If a relative or business partner in Australia or New Zealand contracts Covid-19 and they have to cancel their trip
- For essential workers who have their leave revoked due to Covid-19 and can no longer travel
- If the person the travellers was planning on staying with in Australia or New Zealand has to go into quarantine for Covid-19 and they need to find new accommodation
- If the accommodation in Australia or New Zealand is cancelled for a deep-clean
- For refunds if the policyholder’s holiday activities in Australia or New Zealand are cancelled due to Covid-19
Safely visiting family members and loved ones
Crompton explained: “Australian travellers will be able to plan their domestic holiday and our distribution partners will be able to plan their customers’ travel knowing they will have the protection of our Covid-19 ready benefits.
“Whether it’s a road-trip with family or friends, an interstate flight to meet your first grandchild, going to your niece’s wedding, or simply spending quality time with your loved ones, our new benefits will allow our customers to plan their travel and travel safely despite the Covid-19 pandemic.”
Since March 2020, Cover-More has focused on the changing needs of travellers globally and is redesigning products so their customers can travel safely and with confidence throughout the Covid-19 pandemic.