The policy, valued at around £175 per year, will be provided to Yonder customers for free. it includes:
- No excess for claims
- Family coverage, including partners and children up to 25 years old
- Missed departure, cancellation and delayed departure coverage
- Medical coverage for costs of up to £1 million
- Car hire excess up to £3,000
- Personal belongings coverage for theft, and lost or delayed baggage.
Tim Chong, Yonder’s Co-Founder and CEO, commented: “Together with AXA, we’ve built a travel insurance policy around our members’ needs, so they can hit the road with peace of mind.”
The introduction of the policy is in part Yonder’s response to the high levels of international travel disruption experienced globally since the onset of the coronavirus pandemic. However, the policy also covers all domestic travel within the UK over 100km from the card holder’s home.
AXA Partners also recently made a travel insurance product offered to UK customers in partnership with Trip.com available in France and Germany. The company also announced a new extended partnership with ROCK Insurance Group in July 2022.