The plan, called Travel Now, covers medical expenses, trip cancellations and interruptions due to sickness (including Covid-19), as well as a comprehensive range of other coverage.
A more basic version of the plan, known as Travel Lite, is also available, which offers most of the same coverage without some enhanced benefits and optional cruise benefits.
The plan is currently available starting from a premium of HK$9 per day under a 35 per cent discount offer until the end of 2022.
The plan is being underwritten by BOC Group Insurance, an affiliate of livi’s major shareholder BOC Hong Kong, and has been launched to take advantage of easing Covid travel restrictions.
Travel Now offers comprehensive range of benefits for travellers
Travel Lite offers a range of benefits, including:
- Double Indemnity of Personal Accident up to HK$2.4 million (US$305,734)
- Protection for dangerous activities, including bungee jumping, parachuting, rafting, diving, trekking and hot-air ballooning
- Protection for Outbound Travel Alert (OTA) – delay of the scheduled departure, curtailment, or cancellation
- Protection for car rental
- Emergency Assistance Services and Benefits – emergency medical services, deposit guaranteeing of hospital admission and medical evacuation
- Student Study Cover – extend cover for unmarried full-time students
- Pet protection – up to HK$400 per night for a pet to stay at a pet hotel due to travel delay for more than 24 hours.
Travel Plus includes all coverage included in the Travel Lite package, as well as additional protection, including:
- Enhanced Benefits include cash allowance covering compulsory quarantine and issuance of a ‘Black Alert’, personal computer and mobile phone cover and severe incident extended cover if travel is delayed
- Optional coverage cruises in the event of cancellation, interruption or curtailing, as well as shore excursion cancellation allowances, satellite phone expenses and cover for other eventualities.