About the ITIJ Industry Awards
The voting process
The first stage of the Awards begins in April, when voting opens on the ITIJ website. This allows every single person who is registered as a user on the website to place a vote for a company in each category. Don’t worry if you don’t want to vote in every category – just put ‘N/A’ in the box if you don’t wish to vote in a particular category.
Determining the finalists
When voting closes in July, the companies with the most votes in each category become that year’s finalists Finalists Information. These companies are then invited to send in a written submission detailing their achievements over the past 12 months, as well as a video of around 45 seconds in length about their company. The video submission is played at the Awards ceremony when the finalists in the relevant category are announced.
Deciding the winners
ITIJ has an expert panel of judges Awards judging who review the written and visual submissions from finalists – these are industry veterans who really know the ins and outs of travel insurance provision, so are excellently placed to impartially judge which company should be recognised in each category.
Frequently asked questions
How do I nominate my company for an Award?
There is no nomination process, the industry decides! Around the time when the current year’s Awards categories are announced, companies will begin to market themselves to industry peers and ITIJ’s global industry readership to let them know that they would like to be considered in the Awards voting process, and to remind them of the outstanding work they have achieved over the past 12 months. The more votes your company receives during the voting process, the better its chances of winning an ITIJ Award. See How it works for more information on how the finalists in each category are determined.
How do I vote?
You will need to create a user account on the ITIJ website, which allows you to read ITIJ online and to vote in the ITIJ Awards. Once your account has been approved, you will have access to voting. You can create a user account here. If you already have an account, you have immediate access to voting. Votes for your own company will not be counted to ensure our winners are truly the best in their field and supported by their partners and peers.
What are the voting rules?
- One vote per category per subscriber to the ITIJ website.
- Votes/nominations must be received by 29th July 2016 via the ITIJ website.
- Subscribers should not vote for their own organisations as these votes will be discarded.
- Only registered company domain names will be accepted. Hotmail, Yahoo and other web-based emails will not be accepted.
- Categories with insufficient nominations/votes may be withdrawn from inclusion after voting has closed.
The finalists within each category will be contacted by 5th August 2016 and provided with the criteria and deadline for submitting their presentation. View full finalist requirements below.
Can I have a copy of the ITIJ Awards logo?
Yes, you can use the logo in your marketing to let industry partners know you’d like to be considered for their votes. Here are links to download versions of the ITIJ Awards logo and vote now button.
When does voting close?
Voting will close on 29th July 2016.
When will the finalists be announced?
The finalists within each category will be contacted by 5th August 2016.
When will the winners be announced?
The winners will be announced live at the 2016 ITIJ Industry Awards ceremony in Berlin.
When will the ITIJ Industry Awards take place?
The Awards will be held during the Finale Dinner on the final night of ITIC Global in Berlin on Thursday 3rd November 2016. The evening commences at 19:00 CET.
How do I attend the 2016 ITIJ Industry Awards?
The 2016 ITIJ Industry Awards take place at the ITIC Global Berlin Finale Dinner. To attend, register for ITIC Global Berlin and your ticket to the 2016 ITIJ Industry Awards is included! You can do so here.
Can I watch the Awards ceremony online?
Yes you can! The ITIJ Awards will be streamed live via the ITIJ website on the night, and you will be able to catch up and re-watch your favourite moments by visiting itij.com/awards after the event.
Those unable to attend in person can view the entire Awards proceedings LIVE on the Internet, with viewers gaining access to exclusive interviews with finalists and winners. It is estimated that around 10,000 individuals will virtually join the proceedings this year.
ITIJ also hosts a LIVE, 30-minute, warm-up show before the main ceremony begins, which includes information on previous winners, highlights from the ITIC Global conference, and interviews with the finalists.
How do I sponsor an Award?
First of all, email ITIC conference manager Kirsty Diclaudio at email@example.com and provide details of the Awards category you are interested in sponsoring. The sponsors of the previous year’s Awards are given first refusal when the Awards are launched the following year, but you can register your interest in Awards sponsorship by contacting Kirsty at any time.
What is required of Award sponsors?
Awards sponsors are invited to produce a 30-second video presentation about their company. This will be screened as part of the Awards show as the sponsor’s company representative approaches the stage to present their sponsored category.
This video presentation should be sent as soon as sponsorship has been confirmed.
What materials are required of finalists?
- A link to your corporate websiteto enable readers to discover more about your products and services.
- A JPEGor similar image of your company logothat will appear in ITIJ, in the Awards brochure, and on the ITIJ website.
- A short paragraph of around150 wordsgiving an overview of your company, its products and services. These details will be posted on the ITIJ website Awards page and in the Awards brochure. Please send these details by email no later than 20th August 2016 to ITIC conference director Denise Clements at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A 750-word supporting statement that details why your company deserves to win the Award. This submission will be sent to the judging panel for their consideration, and must be made by 11th September 2016.
- You are required to produce a 30-second video presentationto be shown on the screen at the ITIJ Awards ceremony on 3rd November. A full multi-screen, projected video and surround sound facility forms part of an impressive two-hour Award ceremony including spectacular live entertainment. The preferred format for your video is MPEG at presentation or DVD quality in widescreen (ratio 16:9).The deadline for us to receive your video is 17th October.
- Please advise us of the name of the representative from your company who will collect the Awardshould you win. This person will attend a pre-dinner briefing (on Awards night) where all the presenters, judges, finalists and ITIJ staff will enjoy champagne and canapés to celebrate the finalists’ success. Photographs will also be taken; these will appear in the ITIC/Awards supplement within ITIJ, and on the Voyageur Group’s websites. Each finalist company will be sent copies for their own marketing purposes.
What happens on Awards night?
Finalists and sponsors in each category will have the opportunity to meet on Awards night at the sponsors’ hosted tables, where champagne and canapés will be served as a briefing takes place. All finalists and Awards sponsors are invited to arrive early to attend the briefing, where they will be given a chance to go on stage and provided with instructions as to which side of the stage they should enter/exit, as well as guidance on who to thank and how long their acceptance speech should be.
It is important that all finalists and sponsors attend this briefing, as it helps to smooth the whole process later on in the evening.
After the Awards
On Awards night, the winners are presented with a trophy, certificate and bottle of champagne. They will also be sent (via email) a winner’s logo and image that they can use for press promotion of their accolade and on their correspondence.
What are the judges looking for from an ITIJ Award winner?
The judges will look for the following key features:
- What you have done to merit the Award in the past year?
- How have you grown/progressed your business in the past year?
- Can you provide tangible proof of the above in terms of facts and figures?
- How do you plan to build on the success of the past year?
How do the judges decide on a winner?
The judges will also look for excellence and professionalism in the following criteria, where relevant to your category:
- Area of expertise, including industry knowledge
- Marketing and promotional activities
- Involvement with trade bodies
- Business growth
- Client relationships
- Staff training
Who are the judges?
Due to the sensitive nature of this information, we’re afraid the judges are anonymous. There are different judges for each Award, so we know that each Award winner is being chosen by experts in that field.
All judging is independent and entries are treated in the strictest of confidence. The judges come from a wide range of backgrounds, all with an interest in the travel insurance industry.
If you need a format or size not listed below please let us know.